Friday, November 9, 2012

Welcome

Howdy,
My names Mark, I go by the handle cynicalbuddha, sometimes, and if you've wandered in from one of my other blogs welcome.  This is a new direction for me. I usually write about collecting sports cards and my favorite sports teams.

I think this all started when I got fired up after reading an article about how Sears is screwing over the maker of the Bionic Wrench.  The jist of the story was that Sears sold a crap load of these cool wrenches, that are made in America, and decided to cut out the middle man and make a version of their own through Craftsman, which are made in China.

I thought damn, that just makes me sick.  This also started a few days after the 2012 election.  I was worn out. I was worn out from all the negativity. I was worn out from both sides telling me how bad we have it and how bad we will have it if the other guy gets elected or reelected.  I'm tired.

So this blog is about us, Americans, but my non-American friends are welcome here too, but this is about us, Americans.

We'll see if I can keep this up. But my goal is to highlight the good things this country has to offer, because I feel that you can go anywhere to find the bad stuff.  This is about the people, the stuff we like, the stuff we make, the stuff that makes us us.

This is a political free blog.  I welcome everybody. The right, the left, the middle, the straight, the gay, the males, the females, the young, the old, the Christians, the Jews, the Buddhists, the Muslims, the Hindus, the athists, the black, white, yellow, brown, and purple.  You are all welcome, because for everything that makes us different from one another there is at least one thing that makes us the same. We are American.  You are welcome to read, to comment and to suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment